Today I break the format and give a little behind the scenes of the Podcast Rodeo Show. Here is what we cover:
The origins of the show
Who is Dave Jackson?
- He's been helping people understand technology for decades
- 2018 Inductee into the Academy of Podcasters Hall of Fame
- Tech Support Rep at Libsyn.com
- Author of the Book Profit From Your Podcast.
What If Your Podcast Was A Restaurant?
- Don't you need feedback on your food before you start marketing your business?
- Your Mom Lied (also Mom may not listen to podcasts)
- I've been thanked for saying "constructive feedback."
- Please talk about my show like I'm not in the room
- We ALL Need Feedback
The Podcast Rodeo Show Formula
- Introduce your show
- Introduce the episode
- Introduce whoever gets to speak
Things We See That We Should Avoid
- Reading a Guests Bio
- "Tell me a little bit about yourself"
- Multiple people sharing one microphone
- Bad Audio Quality in General
There Are More People Than Dave Listening
- Just because Dave isn't your target audience doesn't mean his audience agrees
Three Feedback Offerings
(Or you can get a private review by becoming a member of the School of Podcasting)
Want your podcast reviewed? Get Reviewed
Want a FULL Review, check out the Podcast Review Show
Need some podcast help? Schedule a Coaching Session
Need to start a podcast? Check out the School of Podcasting